The Purpose Girls Academy (PGA)
2016 - 2017 program year begins September 10th thru June 30th
PGA is the ideal place for teen girls to discover their true identity and get empowered for purpose and success. Our girls need a place to relax and simply BE. A place to dream without fear of failure. A place to examine their moral compass. A place to ask questions without judgment. A place to learn what it means to be a girl that transforms into a woman. A place like PGA.
WE ARE NOT JUST ANOTHER GIRLS GROUP!
PGA provides a safe place for girls to experience exploratory learning. PGA is designed to teach girls 21st Century work and life skills. PGA is where we address and support the mental and emotional needs of our girls.
PGA is an quality extended learning opportunity, that takes a more intimate approach and reflects an understanding of the realities of teen urban girls today. We meet girls where they are and help them discover who they are. We give them full permission to share who they hope to become and empower them with the essential skills to make it happen.
Our girls have many questions. They are exploring all that is right and wrong with their physical appearance, they are trying to fit in and desperately trying fight the negative images and messages that bombard their day-to-day life.
PGA is ideal for the girl:
- Struggling with her identity
- With too much unproductive time on her hands.
- In need a mentor and a listening ear.
- That needs a gentle nudge to get more serious about her future.
- Starting to display negative attitudes and behaviors.
- In need of the necessary skills to navigate the teen years.
- Craving to be a part of a positive and supportive group.
- Experiencing conflict with family and peers.
- Looking for answers to life and purpose.
- Ready to be challenged to a greater level of thinking and performance.
All PGA courses are designed to elevate a girls' self-esteem, heighten her self-awareness, improve her communication skills, and social interaction skills, equip her with soft career skills as well as develop her leadership qualities.
When girls first enroll in PGA they go through our (8) week leadership program strategically designed to help girls discover their strengths, build their confidence, and plan for a successful future.
The eight core concepts of our leadership curriculum are:
- How to Lead Through Your Values
- Receiving and Responding to Criticism
- Goal Setting
- Communicate with Style
- Power Play
- Leaders and Followers
- Thinking Creatively
- Celebrating Success
We also offer group coaching and mentoring. The strength of our group coaching program is in creating opportunities for reflective learning and creative problem solving. We provide an environment where facilitators slowly fade into the background to allow true cohesive group development to occur.
PGA — The place where girls:
- are challenged to THINK in a new way
- discover insights for themselves
- create solid and intimate connections
- learn from each other and share experiences
- build internal capacity and knowledge
- buy-in to their own success
- develop a culture that honors and celebrates the female experience